STE 002 – What is a City?
This is the second episode of Small Town Expats. We’ll be laying the groundwork for the rest of the series in this episode, drawing on our experiences in a variety of urban centers to explain what a city is (at least as we describe it).
- What counts as a city?
- Large absolute number of people
- Density of people
- Why move to a city?
- The benefits of density
- There are more, and more kinds, of people (for friendship, love, or whatever)
- There are more, and more kinds, of jobs!
- Colleges and schools near or in cities have better networking opportunities
- Our experiences
- Daniel – grew up on a farm, went to Harvard College in Cambridge, MA, has lived around Boston
- Andrew – grew up in a small town, went to Indiana University in Bloomington, IN, has lived around Cincinnati
Send us any questions, comments, or suggestions that you have! You can email us at email@example.com or here.
— Daniel & Andrew